Saturday 15 June 2013

In My Shoes: Thrice is The Charm

I am aware this is starting to read like a diary, so I'll keep it short as that wasn't my intention and hopefully my Sigma palette will arrive imminently and I can deflect attention onto that. I am so excited. The shoes in the picture are wedge trainers purchased from Primark for £18. I love Primark, it's three storeys of heaven. I picked them up because they were quite funky and I have no shoes like them. So today I went to this thing called Pop! which is something that goes on in the Copper Rooms here at Warwick university 7pm till 2am, the idea is you go circling (which if you are not familiar with the term is playing a whole load of drinking games with the goal being to get as hammered as possible, it can get pretty brutal) usually with societies, so I went with Mixed Netball, some of my friends go with Aerobics or Tennis or Polo. It's fun, you circle for 3 hours then for the next 4 hours you dance to cheesy classics and party the night away. But there is always a theme, so for this circle we had to dress as either something beginning with W or C, because the new social exec's names begin with those two letters. One girl came as Warwick Castle, which I thought was inspirational, another came as a Walkers Crisp packet, there was a World Cup, a condom, Where's Wally, clown, children complete with barbie dolls, teddy bears and exaggerated black freckles. I kept it simple as it was a last minute decision to go and went as a witch, essentially I borrowed a friend's tatty witch hat from the dozens of plays she has performed and plonked it on my head. I used the Theodora Oz palette for my eye make-up and wore all black.
I hadn't eaten before I left so I got quite tipsy quite early. I didn't do anything out of the box, but I did see this one guy that I met at the last Pop! I went to and it was incredibly awkward, considering the last time I met him I lost all my friends and had no way of getting home (regular occurrence with me, if you hadn't noticed). He was super sweet about it, willing to let me crash on his floor. But, I managed to get home in the end, and I thanked him via text and he kept asking me out and I just didn't text back hoping he would get the hint, but then he facebooked me and messaged my friend asking why I didn't reply and if she could please get  me to reply. It makes me sound like a cold-hearted bitch but I did just blank him, and pray that I never saw him again so when I did see him it was weird as fuck.
My friend and I left early to get a kebab because we were both starving, then went home to put my witch hat away (it was getting me into all sorts of trouble) we had a few shots of Baileys and then returned with the rest of our hallmates. We had a pretty decent night, but on our return one of the guys we went out with was being really awkward, I was drunk and the last time I was drunk I told him a few home-truths, again not painting me in the best light but I assure you I would say it to him sober and have frequently. I'm the kind of person that if I don't like you and you ask me I'll tell you, I feel like life is too short to be dishonest about things that in the grand scheme of things don't really matter. And I might have been drunk or sleep deprived but I am pretty sure he asked me on a date, and I think that is the most ridiculous thing considering not long ago he was chasing one of my best friends, but I must have imagined it because that is too surreal.
As posts go, that really wasn't very interesting so I apologise, thank you for reading the ramblings of a 19 year old clueless human being I am very grateful and now I am off to the post room, so my next blog can be about something other than my failure of a life. Speak soon, honey buns. Honestly, I have no idea if anyone even reads this tripe, but if just one person is reading then honestly I appreciate it. You're the best, whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment