Tuesday 11 June 2013

In My Shoes: Second Time

So today, quite a lot of stuff happened. Firstly, most importantly and by far the most exciting. I'M GOING TO PARIS! Me and one of my closest friends here at university impulsively started planning a trip to Paris during the Easter holidays when she was in Lithuania and I was in England. She desperately wanted this Lancel bag, and she discovered there would be a sale late June in gay Paris, and it would cost less for her to stay there, sight-see and purchase the bag than get it shipped to Lithuania. It's a fairly pricey piece of accessorising, but then the heart wants what it wants. And me, well I'll agree to anything as long as it sounds fun. But honestly, at the time I thought it was one of those things you always talk about but never wind up actually doing. I love travelling and have already been to France, it was one of the best weeks of my life, but I never visited the capital during my stay. Thanks to shows like Gossip Girl, I have fallen in love with the city without having been there, so I am so incredibly, unbelievably excited to go. We bought coach tickets and booked a hostel today, it took all of ten minutes and about £70 out of my bank account. I will be more than just broke by the end of the trip, but who cares? I was so excited, I had to order the Sigma Paris Limited Edition palette simply so I could we are it every single day we are there. Of course, when it arrives, I'll let you know my thoughts and any looks I have created that i am especially proud of. Might even do another video.
On to the next thing, typically now as we are all finished with exams we go out almost every night and tonight we opted for Kasbah which is a spacious club in Coventry. If you live near there and have never been then honestly you are missing out, not only do you get cheap drinks and plenty of different rooms with music to cater every taste but it also has the best smoking area by far. I don't smoke but so many of my friends do and it's a great way to meet new people regardless, I feel it's a bit more intimate than grinding on some stranger in a club. In Kasbah's instead of standing around aimlessly inhaling second hand smoke, you can buy drinks or pick up a delicious treat from the barbecue. Yes, barbecue, they have the best cheeseburgers ever, freshly made, onions, barbecue sauce, cheese, the lot. I always have two. Don't judge me. They are amazing. So yeah, go.
Before we left, it's customary to predrink or "prink". Honestly, I wasn't really feeling it, for me it is such an effort to get ready because it means I have to put contacts in and although sometimes it's fine, just stab stab, bam, a lot of the time it takes about 20 minutes, and I drop them or have to open another one because it just will not go in. It refuses outright. But I got ready, stabbed my eyes with my daily contacts, showered, messed up my room trying to find something to wear. I was quite lazy about it, I didn't straighten my hair, I donned patterned River Island black leggings and a cream coloured sleeveless, sheer, pearl-buttoned top which you could see my bra through but my hair covered that for the most part. I put on my make-up, totally screwed up my eyeliner so spent another ten minutes trying to fix that and failed. By that time I had given up and went downstairs to drink, because if I was going to have any chance of enjoying this night looking like a hot mess, I was going to have to be drunk.
Long story short, i did wind up having a great night actually. It took us forever to get a taxi, and we had to queue jump which was eye-wateringly expensive but we had a good night. I had two burgers, like I said, so this soaked up the alcohol and I didn't manage to get drunk. But the music and company was good, I danced like a crazy person, my hair looked tragic at the end of the night. And I met a really cute guy, a cute brown guy! Yay! I was checking him out casually while dancing and then forgot he existed as the song changed to something that had everyone twerking or tying to at least all over the shop. But then he bumped into me, and I was about to let him past, when he held my hand and asked me my name etc. He was really sweet, and not even the slightest bit drunk. So I just told him that he was cute and gave him my number, he bought me a drink but I was worried I would lose my friends so I went back, even though he insisted I dance with him. I hate giving guys the wrong impression, we didn't even kiss and that's the way I like it. I have never hooked up with anyone in a club and I don't really intend to, to be honest. It's just not my thing, I have nothing against it, but I guess I am just never the right level of drunk. I am either happy, dancing, screaming lyrics drunk (which is the most frequent) or catatonic, puking in taxis drunk (which has only happened once). I'm never gonna kiss you the life out of your mouth drunk. So that was cool, it boosted my confidence and I was on a cloud for the rest of the night. At least until he approached one of my friends later on while she was dancing next to me and whispered in her ear, and she blew him off, and I morphed into my cynical self and was like *hair flick* "Typical, what a tosser" etc. But after she blew him off, he hugged me and told me it was one of his friends that really liked her and was too chicken, I smiled and sail "Oh for a second then I was going to be insulted" but I didn't really trust him. So I asked my friend what he said, not letting on that he hit on me earlier, and she told me that he said one of his friends really likes her and the inside me was like "Yes!!".
I had a great night, I went home exhausted at about 4 in the morning and woke up with a text from him. I am not really sure what to reply yet. He told me he's travelling to South America now that his last year at university is done, so  I don't want to get too attached to his pretty brown eyes. Because they were, hand on heart, the prettiest, most lovely brown eyes I have ever seen and I'm Indian. I see a lot. More blogging soon. I love you all for reading. Thank you, my pretties and please comment, message etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment