Saturday 8 June 2013

In My Shoes: First Night

In order to celebrate my birthday, obviously I went out and as you would expect and I wore these River Island boots, they are my absolute favourite, they are so comfortable and give you a little bit of height without making it a struggle to walk like a boss. In typical Fresher fashion I had a slight YOLO attitude (and I know no-one says that anymore and they shouldn't have started) and decided to start drinking at around 2pm. I woke up with a phone call from my Mama saying Happy Birthday and ordering me to have a good day, it is the first birthday I have ever spent without my family so it was a little bit surreal.
My friends basically bought me alcohol for my birthday, or food. They know me well. I got a tall shot gloss with a personalised message on there, and many shots of vodka were consumed from that, let me tell you. I had Bailey's, orange coloured vodka, Lithuanian vodka, San Miguel, Jack Daniels, there was a quite a range. My friend Ali got me food at the local pub because he is a sweetheart and he wasn't going out with us that night.
To celebrate in true University of Warwick fashion we selected Jagermonster at Evolve in Leamington Spa, here we can get this thing called uni express which is a bus that takes you to the club at 11pm and picks you up at 3am. It's convenient and the ticket includes entry and queue jump. I drank a lot before we went and got ready obviously. I love getting ready to go out it is one of my favourite things, but my closest friend is so incredibly beautiful and she was wearing a crop top and shorts and looked stunning, her stomach is pancake flat so I didn't really see the point. Everything I tried on just wasn't up to scratch, but I found a pretty dress spent ages on my makeup trying to contour using blush, setting powder, four different eyeshadows, and testing out my new Maybelline gel liner, which incidentally is very good. I always feel slightly self conscious when I plaster myself in makeup, it's because I don't usually do it, but on nights out literally ten minutes in I'll check my reflection in the ladies and it will have disappeared or melted onto my face or something so I wanted to look nice.
I was done getting ready so I went to our common room, people sang, a cake was brought out and I was so touched because a lot of my friends still have exams so I honestly didn't expect a thing. I was just happy I had people to go out with, but then I blew out the candles and felt a little sad that I wasn't with my family. I felt like a grown up, celebrating my birthday without them. I swear, turning a year older never fails to make you philosophical.
So me, Ieva, and two guys called Brad and Dave came out. Dave is the sloppiest drunk, he actually becomes psychotic, not even lying. In the queue I hugged everyone, spoke to strangers and was friendly as fuck. I am the most affectionate drunk, I am basically me on a nice day, I smile and laugh and decide to make friends with everyone. I'm THAT drunk girl. When we get there, we chat, laugh, drink a bit more and then that is essentially all I remember. One second I was chatting to Dave and Brad and then the next I wake up in my bed, contacts still in. That's the second night in a row that I slept with my contacts still in, bad Kiran. I was still wearing my dress and tights, and my shoes were exactly like that on the floor next to my bed. My head didn't hurt, I felt really comfortable, my legs just felt strangely light when I got up to walk.
I still felt drunk until about 5pm. Though I tried to keep active, just chilling with friends, getting a bunch of stuff from the post room. I have never blacked out before and I woke up terrified of what I had done or said, because I could just feel it in my soul that I embarrassed myself, possibly even humiliated. Thanks to Facebook I got various concerned messages, the majority informing me that I was "soo drunk" and that I had passed out in the club and then in the taxi and that one off my friends thought I was going to die, and that I puked in a taxi and basically owe everyone a tonne of cash. I suck.
But on the positive side of things, I woke up and my makeup looked pretty good still, wish I had taken a picture now, promise to do so next time. Additionally, I did something I have never done before, that's not very fearless in the scheme of things but it's a start, right? From what I do remember, I had a great time and if you can't get drunk and chunder on your birthday without people giving you shit about it then when can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment