Thursday 23 May 2013

The Body Shop Haul




I absolutely adore this shop and can never walk in there without wanting to buy at least 3 things, and fortunately for me they seem to consistently have a 3 for 2 deal on.In addition to this, I got a card for this store which resulted in me getting a freebie, always a good thing. Plus, I get a £5 voucher in the month of my birthday which is June, so it is now my mission to get as many store cards as possible! Though I should mention, though this card does get you discounts, it only lasts a year and it is not a store card you do not have a credit limit. So, all in all, I splurged and went a little crazy, getting a total of 5 things. And here are some lovely pictures demonstrating my out of control spending.

1. Aloe Lip Care (for sensitive skin) Conditions and soothes very dry lips. £5.00


This was originally what I entered the shop for, I thin lip care is very important, and the night before I had been browsing the net for a good lip conditioner and was contemplating buying the one from MAC which had rave reviews but cost around fourteen dollars and probably a lot extra with shipping costs etc. So, considering that I was going to town anyway I thought I would buy this one, it was quite expensive considering ordinary  lip balms like Lypsyll are not much more than a pound (or exactly a pound if you go to Poundland). But, I really like the squeezy tube it's in, it makes for easy application, I am not sure how long it lasts, but it smells great and works incredibly well for chapped lips. And my lips are always chapped so this purchase was a necessity.

2. Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash. Creamy skin-caring daily cleansing with built in anti-oxidant protection. Rinses away make-up and impurities. Suitable for all skin types. £10

It's quite a decent sized bottle and should consequently last a goof few months. For me personally, I would use this at the end of the day for taking my makeup off, or in particular for when my skin is feeling too sensitive for the abrasion of a facial scrub. It is very creamy and feels luscious against your face, but htere isn't a great after-effect aside from the pleasant scent. It is very gentle, however, so if your skin is especially sensitive I do recommend it.

3. Vitamin C Microdermabrasion. Weekly home spa exfoliation, with Vitamin C rich Amazonian camu camu and Community Trade Shea Butter. For Dull skin. £10

I much prefer facial scrubs, and I like the ones where you feel the effects immediately so this is perfect for that, I would use it first thing in the morning to brighten the skin and give it that lift to make you look bright eyed and bushy tailed. It's quite a strong one and it is recommended for weekly use not daily, so I would use it on Mondays, to brighten my skin in preparation for the week ahead. It does feel good, you can immediately feel it work and afterwards, your face tingles a little and to me that is the sign of a good product.

4. Coconut Beautifying oil. Dry oil for face, body and hair. Moisturises, smooths and illuminates. £9

I have yet to try this on my hair but I have heard very positive things about this new range of oils, there were many different scents, my friend, who I was with when purchasing these goodies, opted for the mango scented one and that was a very authentic scent. The coconut one is a little more mild. The good thing about this product is that it gives your skin that  perfect summer sheen, for when you are baring any skin. I am curious to find out it's affect on the hair though.

5. Warming Mineral Mask. Self-warming, deep cleansing, kaolin clay treatment. For all skin types. FREE with card or £10

This was the free gift that came with signing up for the card, it is very intense but works exceptionally. As soon as my friend used hers she tweeted me and said "My face feels like a cloud" and if that's not a thumbs-up I don't know what it is. As it is so intense it's not a product you need to use very frequently, you could get away with using this once every two weeks I would say, so the bottle lasts longer and you get your money's worth. After using a mask as penetrating as this, instantly my pores felt liberated, I like to soak my ace in warm water to just ensure that my skin is clear. I usually feel incredibly healthy after using a mask and decide to eat fruit and guzzle down water, but in reality this lasts about five seconds. Still, it is nice to feel refreshed.

Overall, I am very happy with my collection, it was expensive but I fully believe in the long run it will be worth it. Right now, it is the exam period and my skin is looking dull and sleep deprived, plus I am prone to getting stress breakouts and don't have the time or the skills to prepare and consume real healthy food. So this is one way of giving your morale a bit of a kick, facial scrubs always make me feel rejuvenated so I sincerely recommend them. I hope this was helpful and more soon, I'll give you an update soon on the coconut oil and how it works on hair. Thank you again and please comment/like or whatever it is that shows me that this blog isn't a waste of everyone's time. In addition to this, I intend to post a YouTube video of my haul, but I am a little apprehensive so once I upload that I will post it down below also. Thanks again.





No comments:

Post a Comment